Thursday, March 13, 2008

two cats from sundance


this little guy -- they call him pompom. here he is waiting for me on my way home from the day's walk. he waits for me because he knows i've got food. i've had to start locking my cabin because he knows how to open the door if it is not locked. i never catch him stealing my food exactly. but i do come back and find that, althought i save both cheese _and olives from breakfast to have as a snack, only the olives are left on the plate. when he is lazy i catch him sleeping on my second bed.

and then there is this one --


-- this one i very much like. even in the moonlight you wouldn't see him until it was too late.

gentle hunter, whose tail plays on the ground while he crushes the skull;
beautiful death, who puts on a black robe when he goes to his victim;
playful killer, whose loving embrace splits the antelope's heart.