Thursday, April 17, 2008

how was it for you? (2)

in an effort to put my finger on whatever nutrients i am missing, whatever it is that is making me so endlessly peckish, today in Urgup i picked up a big tub of yoghurt, for calcium, and spicy tomato spread to have on bread, in case it is complex flavours that i am missing. i will have it tomorrow on a crusty loaf with soft cheese from the market, the kind with the imprint of a screen on one side, where it's been pressed and drained in a sieve.

on the way back, ali, restauranteur who speaks french and wants to give his restaurant a french name, served me tea and kemalpasa sweets to thank me for my suggestion of Notre Dame de Cappadoce.

tonight i am being given a proper hot supper since it is my last night here: potatos, rice, soup, salad. i have found chocolate covered dried apricots.