Monday, April 28, 2008

<< she once was a true love of mine >>



i hope you will come visit me this year at the north country fair.

the children in bare feet are what do it for me. and the afternoon workshops where the performers team up and fiddle around on stage together and one takes the mike and says, alright, this one's in B, and from there they just wing it. they say, when you get to the bridge, jump! and you can sure squeeze a lot of music out of three chords and twelve bars.

and sitting on the grass at dusk as the opening acts tune up. and how one year it rained the whole weekend and that made it even better, splashy and muddy and the performers in communal rubber boots and how caroline mark therefore sang these boots are made for walkin.

it is my favourite of the summer festivals by far. it takes place on the longest day of the year and it is so far north that the sun hardly sets.

and it will be my birthday.

i am a star child. and i hope you will come visit.

<< if you're travellin' in the north country fair
where the winds hit heavy on the borderline,
remember me to the one who lives there
she once was a true love of mine. >>


stay beautiful, you and me both : )