Sunday, May 18, 2008

tradeshow-edition tourists' map

i said i was waiting for the other shoe to drop and it is dropping.

my final day with mo.

this trip i have

given some and taken some

seen some and hidden some.

i say,

too much to see on one trip but

what is life? --

unfolding and folding a tourists' map

with thumbnail pictures of places i did not see.

a final bar of halvah from the corner store.

astrid sings upstairs.

my bags are packed

laundry is dried

and everything i brought to give to mo i've given.

i am going to

do better in montreal with what i have learned this trip.

i will be braver, stronger, purer

and i promise you, more concise.

that i am evolving

is second hardest lesson i ever have had to learn.

not sure what else to say now.

i still love you. still miss you. who _are you?

but please someday find me.

someday track me down.

teach me to give

a proper goodbye.